Winter Wonderland For Pennies!

$1

If you’ve seen the movie Elf you no doubt saw the winter wonderland Buddy made using only white paper and scissors. Well, now you can make your own using our free snowflake patterns! It literally costs pennies and is beautiful! CLICK OUR LINKS IN THIS POST TO SEE ALL THE PHOTOS AND DOWNLOAD YOUR SNOWFLAKE PATTERNS.

The first step is to make a paper chain... yep just like in grade school! I cut normal paper into 7 strips. I didn't even measure!

Once cut I stapled my chain together. Make it as long as you want. I did mine while watching TV. You could tape them, but stapling goes quicker. You need a smaller stapler.

Next comes the snowflakes. You can easily make them with no pattern. However, we provide a free printable kit with 12 patterns to download on our full site post if desired.

Fold as shown.

Trim the top part off.

Next cut your shapes. These are really hard to mess up so just practice and get different designs.

Once completed you can lightly iron them if you prefer flatter snowflakes.

Next we used a manual staple gun and hung some twinkle lights with white wire from the ceiling.

Then we attached the chain, also with a stapler. CLICK HERE FOR FULL PHOTOS Finally add your snowflakes using tape and string.

Voila! Winter Wonderland!

DOWNLOAD FREE SNOWFLAKE PATTERNS HERE

Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Val

This is great but if I stapled on the ceiling, my husband would hate it. maybe command hooks?

• Whatever works! That would take a LOT of command strips. Ü We used stapes for the lights due too how heavy they were. And stapes leave teeny tiny holes which can't be seen on most ceilings. Depends on the ceiling though. I can see some folks not wanting to do that. If you figure out something that works please share it!