How To Make a Snowflake Wreath

$40

I like making something new and different for my front door for the holidays, and instead of a traditional wreath or swag, I used the unique shape of a snowflake but the traditional evergreen boughs to create this lovely front door display.

I began with an eight inch styrofoam round and six identical branches all purchased at Michael’s. To secure the branches into the foam well, I used my Steelpix machine. This added a steel pick with barbs on it to each branch to make sure it holds securely in the foam. In lieu of a Steelpix machine, you can use wood wired sticks. 

These were the stems I used for my six points of the snowflake. I bought four extra ones and cut them apart to fill in the additional space in the middle of the wreath. 

Cut the pieces off of each branch with wire cutters into small pieces. Add a steel pick or a wood wired stick to each of the smaller pieces.

Simply fill in the space in the center with the greens you cut from the extra branches. You can leave a little space for pine cones and berries. 

Unable to find the white branches I was looking for, I picked up some of these snowy picks to use. 

Two of the pieces of snow branches were added to each point of the snowflake. 

These branches along with the icy greenery give a feeling of snow to the wreath.

Finish off the center of the snowflake with pinecones and berries. 

This is the mechanics for how I made my hanger for my wreath, for more details on how I make these, you can check out detailed instructions and photos, check out this post:   Catalog Knock Off Door Swag.  

Here is my finished snowflake wreath on my daughter’s front door! Ready to greet holiday guests!

Another version of the wreath I made displayed on my blue front door. Just a little difference in the branches and berries. I used the same greenery for this one.

Chloe Crabtree

• Kris

How can i share this with a friend, there is no share button

• MaryAnn

I share to Pinterest from Hometalk App all the time. It was a little tricky at first but I finally got it. After you view and read comments return to the top . You need the Internet menu. Next to where Hometalk.com appears, there is a box with an arrow pointing up. It's on the right. Press that box. The Air Drop Menu should appear. In the center there are various Apps listed, move it left, until you see the Pinterest P. Wait about 20 seconds. Press that P. It will give you a drop down picture menu.( if it gives you the Oops nothing to save, go back and press the

Pinterest P again) sort through the pictures until you locate one from the presentation you want to save. Press the picture, go to the bottom lower Right and press the red button. It should take you to your Pinterest account Menu. Then chose the Board you want to save it to and press. It should now be on the Board you chose. If Pinterest is busy it can sometimes take a couple to 5 minutes to post. Air Drop can lead you to other functions, but I've never tried them. However it should work the same way. MA.

• Jane Fisher McRoberts

That’s beautiful!!!!

• Luz

How did you secure the pine cones in the middle?

• Chloe Crabtree

They were picks with pinecones on them. I stuck the ends of them into the styrofoam. You can also take pinecones and wrap a wire around the top of them, twist it tight and stick it into the foam.

• Linda Abate

Such a beautiful change from the normal Christmas wreath found on entry way doors. This is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love making my own wreaths for the holidays, not only for myself, but to give as gifts. This is a definite to make for next year.

• Claudia Laigast
    23 minutes ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!