Farmhouse Lamps

$20

I was in one of my favorite home decor stores last week oohing and awwing over lamps. I walked away with no lamps in my buggy this time but... You won't believe what I found on my next treasure hunting trip!

As soon as I saw these lamps, I could envision what a little bit of paint could do.

This was my inspiration lamp.

After cleaning them with Simple Green, I primed them with Dixie Belle Paint's Slick Stick. I chose this primer because I wanted to paint the metal shaft. (This primer helps paint adhere to metal, glass, and glossy surfaces.) It was perfect for the wooden portion too and eliminated sanding before painting.

I wanted the same look as the lamps I saw in the store so I painted a base coat of Dixie Belle Paint in Sand Bar. I turned the lamp upside down to make sure I didn't miss any spots.

After giving the lamps 2 coats for paint, it was time to dry brush using a lighter shade of paint. I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in the color Raw Silk. For this technique, I used an inexpensive chip brush that I dampened first. I dipped the brush into the paint and wiped off the excess paint on a paper towel.

I used criss cross and random strokes to make sure the undercoat paint peeped through.

Once the paint was dry, I sealed in with Polycrylic using a foam brush.

I happened to have a pair of matching shades in my stash which worked well.

Can't get much closer to what I saw in the store. I love the way they turned out!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/leapoffaith090117/

• Cindy Rubin

Did you have any problem with bleed through... the darker wood discoloration bleeding through the paint over time?

• Leap of Faith

The lamp bases were not sanded and I also primed them prior to painting. Both of which should eliminate bleed through.