Farmhouse Bathroom Revamp With Vertical Shiplap

$200

Looking for a way to revamp your bathroom by only adding layers, texture, paint, and new decor? Check out more of my DIY's and Revamps here!

Before Revamp

The bathroom was dark with no texture.

I taped up the walls and painted them White Dove by Benjamin Moore.

This is where you rip your shiplap (utility panel) to the width you want.

I did mine to 5inches wide. I started against the shower for the first piece and worked my way across the wall.

I used my metal flat rod to space the vertical shiplap out and a nail gun to hold it in place. I worked my way across the wall until I came to the bathroom cabinet. Once I was at the bathroom cabinet, I then shorted the length of the shiplap piece to make it the same height as the other pieces.

Once the vertical shiplap was up. I used White Dove again to paint the ship lap with a brush and wall roller.

After the paint was dry,

I added a piece of molding across the entire section of vertical shiplap. Once I nailed it up, I painted it with the same paint color.

Then I took a 1/2 inch piece of molding across the top of the bathroom vanity to create a crisp line

Last part that I did was to paint the cabinet with Sea Salt.

I did not have to prime the cabinet because, I has used chalk paint on them when I first moved in. If you do not have a primer, you will need to prime them.

Finally time to style! I added in a floating shelf, a vintage mirror, and layered it with baskets an

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Jessica Russell Itty Bitty Farmhouse

• Crystal Redwing
    Crystal Redwing

Will the boards warp with time because of moisture?

• Christine
      Christine

If your bathroom gets a lot of moisture, say mulitiple people taking long showers ever morning and no vent, add a line or 2 of industrial adhesive to the wall before putting up each board. They'll never warp! They'll also never come of the wall if you want to remove them!

• Glenda
    Glenda

I love your project and the shower curtain! Can you share where you found it?

• Janice
    Janice

I guess you had to paint the walls first before putting up the shiplap to keep from showing through?? And what was the metal thing used for that you mentioned? Everything looks gorgeous by the way!!!

• Anna Ibarra
      Anna Ibarra

She use the metal to space them the vertical boards. And it seems, by her pics she didn’t paint behind the vertical boards. And guessing from the metal flat/thin rod it may/ or may not peep out a grey background. She may have wanted the look of it. Great job either way.