Repurposed Cookie Press Disk Ornaments

$3

It's so much fun to repurpose and upcycle things from my stashes into Christmas ornaments.

I found this cookie press set at a thrift store for $1, and the $2 dark pink glass chandelier crystals have been in my stash for quite some time just waiting to be used in a project.

I picked out 4 disks that I thought looked kinda Christmas related.. a tree, a cross, a poinsettia flower, and what I'm calling a snowflake.

The chandy crystals easily slipped onto the disks... no drilling holes required.

Funny how the chandy crystals seem to change colour in different light. Here they look kinda purple, but they are actually quite pink.

Then I attached some narrow pink ribbon for the hangers. Easy peasy!

And here they are... hanging on my tree.

I love the pink crystals, which are much brighter in person than they are in the pics.

These were so easy to put together.

And I think they look pretty nice on the tree.

After Christmas they can easily be taken apart and used in future projects... or maybe even for baking cookies. What a concept! lol.

If you enjoyed this project you can find more DIY Christmas ornament projects on my blog here.

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Color Me Thrifty

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

If you wanted to glam up the cookie press portion of the decoration, I would suggest spray painting them with glitter paint before assembling. Rustoleum is one brand that is available in several different colors.

• Zina Simms
    Zina Simms

OMG you have made me so happy. I have a cookie press in my garage that I just could not stand to get rid of. I used it as a child about 55 years ago. That is an awesome idea. It will bring great memories to me when I decorate my tree. Thanks!

• Color Me Thrifty
      Color Me Thrifty

Thanks Zina! I'm so happy that my ornaments have inspired you. They will certainly make wonderful keepsake memories for you on your tree.