Denim Jeans Rag Wreath & Flowers

I have PILES of my husband's ripped denim jeans. There isn't a pair he hasn't been able to destroy.
After a few years, the pile has gotten bigger and I finally decided to do something with them. I just can't throw anything away if I can make it something useful and/or beautiful.
First, I cut some pieces out to make the flowers. I treated each piece with mod podge, waited 24 hours, then shaped them into the flowers.
The remaining fabric was bleached, washed, and dried. Some areas became completely white, others still had some blue. I ripped strips approximately 7" x 1" and tied them onto a metal wreath frame, packing them tight so there would be no bald spaces.
I think the final result was worth every callous and fabric burn!

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/whimsypicsfans

• Tea & Honey Designs
    Tea & Honey Designs

Hi! I don't have a sheet made up but here's what I did:

*cut fabric (denim) into strips about 7" long and .5"-.75" wide

*starting with the outermost wire on the wreath form, tie one strip of fabric onto the form and work your way inward. When I use a small wreath form (6"-12") I only tie the strips around the first 3 circles and leave the innermost one empty.

*continue to tie strips around each circle until full - pack them tight!

It looks a little messy at first, but trust the process and keep going! The end result will be worth it :)

Have fun!

• Roxy
    Roxy

Yes I will