Tin Can Birds - Upcycle/ Repurpose

$0

Easy project upcycle/repurpose tin can lids to make cute little birds to welcome Spring!
Paint Tin Can lids with craft paint, set aside to dry. Emboss bird wings on a piece of metal embossing foil. (There is more information on my blog for the "how to" for metal embossing). In lieu of embossed metal foil, you could use your choice of pretty scrapbook paper.
I cut triangles out of the metal foil to use at beaks. I glued each one to the underside of the lid, so that the beak showed. Make sure your cut beak is large enough to allow for gluing.
To make the feet, I used toothpicks and wrapped a small piece of wire around it, and secured it with a bead of hot glue so that it would not slide off. I spray painted the feet silver.
I glued the embossed wings to the lids using hot glue. Contact cement would work well too.
For a couple of the birds, I cut strips of household aluminum foil and wrapped them together and glued to the back of the tin can lid.
I used black craft paint and a small pointed paint brush for the eyes. I attached the feet by hot gluing them to the back of the lid.
To display the birds, I chose to attach them to a chalkboard. I drew a tree branch for the birds to stand on. These birds will make a wonderful spring decor item or could be added to your Easter decor.

My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

• Lovesunique

Cute, cute, cute!

• Thea

These are adorable! I love the embossing. My mom used to do pewter work in the early 70’s and I’v always thought it such a great craft. Nice to see a fresh, modern spin on it.