Pavers, Pavers and More Pavers!

Spring is coming, time to start planning for any larger projects you'll be taking on this season. If a paver patio or walkway is in your future, don't skip the prepwork, it truly is the most important part of your project. On this one, I lucked out, my husband and the boys did nearly all the prepwork and then I swooped in to lay the pavers. I really got the easy job.
For the prepwork, dig out your area, roughly 8" deep. You'll be needing about 5" of rock for a base layer, compacted good.
Add your border pieces and then a 1" layer of sand on top of that for your pavers to set in. Level it out good, a few pictures down you can see we screeded ours with a piece of wood.
Now you're ready for the fun to begin!
Me, figuring out the pattern. Took me nearly this entire first pass before I could put the picture of the pattern away. I'm a little slow, but I got it!
Now we're getting somewhere. It took me a weekend and then some to get it completed. The boys were with me bringing pavers and keeping me supplied (well, most of the time, you know how boys are).
This was a huge patio, turned out beautifully. Can you imagine what it'd look like after a short while if the prepwork had not been so good! It'd be a mess
Ready for the border to go in.
Compacting. Hubby always gets first dibs, makes sure its working properly and then hands it off to me or the boys while he works on something else, grading and clean-up at this point, we're almost done!
What a great project. Turned out fabulous!
For more fun and fabulous projects you can check out the blog at http://wwwthechirpingfrog.blogspot.com or find us on facebook.

The Chirping Frog