Gail@Purple Hues and Me
Gail@Purple Hues and Me
  • Millersville, MD

Ruffled Mesh Easter Basket DIY

There are some beautiful mesh wreaths and unique wall hangings created for seasonal decor, but let's do something different with that fabric for a change. Let's have another way to work that mesh! Let's dress up a woven dollar store basket for Easter!
ruffled mesh easter basket diy, crafts, easter decorations, how to, seasonal holiday decor
For a complete tutorial, check out my post: http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2015/03/dollartree-ruffled-decorative-mesh.html

Briefly, all you have to do is cut the mesh into 3 1/2 - 4+ times the width of the basket. Be generous. Fold in half and make a running stitch with heavy duty thread & needle the length of the fold . . . gathering the mesh into a ruffle as you go. Hot glue the finished ruffle onto the basket.
Repeat for more ruffles and glue onto the basket until covered.
Make decorative trim by rolling the mesh into rods, wrapping the handle and also to make the swirly flowers.
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Jewellmartin

New idea I have not seen anywhere else, yet! Is mesh sold by the yard, the roll, or some other way? Hancock Fabrics seems to be going out of business, and I'm hoping they might sell mesh. The major craft supply stores are also in my area.

• Jewellmartin

Sean Oden, ours in Mesquite has been in three different buildings, each grimier than the previous. The floors were awful, the stock was limited and often looked like cast offs, and the new materials were not artfully displayed. My guess is that HF is closing old or unprofitable store in order to open new ones. I surely hope so. We have JoAnn Fabrics, a small section at Walmart, and a good section at Hobby Lobby.