Garden Wishing Well

I've wanted a garden wishing well since I bought my house... I've been especially jealous of the hand made ones I often see done by the Amish in Lancaster PA. But they're hundreds of dollars, and for the size and customization I wanted--there's no way I could've afforded it. So I figured how hard can it be? I've built a number of items by winging it--imagine if I actually follow plans!
I built it out of pressure treated wood, even knowing it'd be painted, for extra durability. I followed a set of plans I found online, but adapted some. The base was followed exactly because the angles needed to be perfect.
The base alone weighed a ton and I knew we couldn't move it altogether to the front yard, so I painted the pieces separately to complete putting together up front.
This bad boy is 6 feet tall and painter with exterior paint to match the house.
One departure from the plans was instead of using shaker style shingles, I went with the same type as the roof on my house
I actually couldn't be prouder of this!
And here's how it looks in front of the house

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Memorial Day Crafts
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls

• Joann Bruley

Do you have the plans for this?

• Martine Grenier Barton

I'm a 50 year old female living in Canada and I would like to attempt to build a wishing well for my mother. She has wanted one all her life and my father just never got around to making one for her and now he has passed away. Do you know where I could find free plans to build this? I am low on finances and my mother also.

• Mickey

Don't know if this will help you or not, but to build the base like his, you need to figure out how many sides you want and divide 360 by that number. I. E., 6 sides wil be 60. That is the angle the saw will be set at. The stand portion and roof should be easy enough to figure out.

• Lori Patrick

Hi there. Did you sand the wood before applying the exterior paint on the wishing well? Mine is bare wood and needs some love and attention and I just need to know if I should wash the wood with soap and water, then sand, and then paint with a glorious red and deep deep blue. Please help me. Thanks so much, Lori

• George C.

Where are the plans?

• Jeremy

what is the inside diameter of your wishing welol.
  • Kourosh

Hi Vikki, did you figure out the file upload? Would you be open to emailing it to me?

• Michele Romas Abdulaziz

For the well itself. How do you attach all the wood pieces itself? I have a few come off the bottom of my well and I cannot figure out how to put them back on

• Vikki

They are all both screwed in and outdoor wood glue

• Vikki

Hi All! I posted this years ago when there was the old app before it was closed down for a few years and frankly struggled with time connecting via online based platform only. Recently found the new improved relaunch of an app, and I now located the plans and saved the file on my phone—but trying to now figure out how to attach a file! Thank you all for the positive feedback and I can tell you years later it looks exactly the same!

• Gus

This Might help some, I found it searching the web!

https://www.pagetutor.com/octagon_layout/