Go Big or Go Home Bedroom Set
- Cleaned pieces thoroughly, removed hardware and upholstery
- Stripped and sanded both the dresser and vanity tops
- Applied 3 coats of ‘All-In-One Decor Paint’ in the colour ‘Jitterbug’ to the drawers and bodies ~ a deep, muted teal that makes any piece look like it’s fit for royalty
- Lightly distressed drawers and bodies with sanding block ~ for a sweet and subtle country chic effect
- Applied 1 coat of Country Chic Paint’s ‘Hemp Oil’ to the drawers and bodies for a protective seal ~ sustainably sourced from our very own Canadian Farmers!
- Stained (2 coats) and varnished (3 coats) dresser and vanity tops with Varathane’s ‘Premium Wood Stain’ in the colour ‘Tuscan’, and ‘Fast Drying Professional Premium Clear Finish 1200 Matte Oil Based’
- Reapplied hardware, and re-upholstered bench
- All-in-One Decor Paint (Country Chic Paint)
- Hemp Oil (Country Chic Paint)
- Sand paper
- Premium Wood Stain (Varathane)
- Fast drying matte clear finish (Varathane)
RachelRoy on Mar 28, 2019
I wish I was younger, this is almost exactly like my old bedroom suit that my husband and I refinished 50 years ago. It took us a year to refinish it but time isn't easy on the old finishes. My husband died over 3 years ago, and when I saw your beautiful set all I could think about was how great it would be if we could do just one more project. You have created a masterpiece! Thank you for sharing.