Bleaching a Dresser/Cabinet
This was my first time ever bleaching wood and I’m not an expert, had to do lots of research to make sure I didn’t damage my furniture. I ran a test on one of the small drawers to make sure I did not spoil my whole piece.
Here it goes;
What you will need
- Lots of rag cloth
- Household bleach
- Varathane weathered wood accelerator in Grey
- Minwax protective finish in clear matte
- Start by removing all the hardware on your dresser
- Strip furniture with any wood stripper
- Sand everything with a sander
- After stripping or sanding your piece of furniture
- Clean your piece of furniture with one of your cloth rag and ensure there is no saw dust left on your piece of furniture
- Apply bleach evenly with a small cloth rag to your entire piece.
- Wait in between coats until its dry.
- If necessary apply more bleach until you are satisfied with the shade.
- The last two coats were applied in between days
- Using a rag neutralize with half n half of vinegar and water
- Let your furniture completely dry , I let mine dry for a whole week before I applied any stains