Whilst tidying my bedroom I suddenly decided I had had enough of jumbled up earrings on my cluttered bedside table - time to take action. After browsing some lovely earring and necklace organizers on Etsy I asked my husband to make me one.This beautiful jewelry holder is made from items found in the shed - I love it when he repurposes and reuses what we have.
To make your own you will need:
- Wood board 16 1/2" by 5 1/2" by 1/2"
- Wood shelf (ours is a former skirting board), 16 1/2" by 3 3/4" by 1/2"
- 5 Hooks for necklaces (or more!)
- 3 metal rods measuring length 4 3/4" width 3/16"
- 6 Screw eyes to fix metal rods - we used suitably sized from a multi-box
- 8 Screws 1/2"
- Two right angle brackets, our from the shed are 3"
Naturally you can adjust the sizes to suit your collection of jewelry, adding additional bars for earrings and/or hooks for necklaces.
Start by cutting your wood to size and sanding the edges and surfaces.