Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek
Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek
  • Ballston Spa, NY

Pottery Barn Inspired Industrial Style End Table

So in my last post I shared my finds from the Brimfield Antique Show and asked for an open mind when it came to two of those pieces. Today I’d like to share what became of one of them – a Pottery Barn inspired industrial style end table. It was actually my husband who spotted it as I walked right on by. We ended up spending $20 on this bad boy…
pottery barn inspired industrial style end table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, rustic furniture
To get it ready for its makeover, I had to scrape off all of the wax that had built up on the sides and then scrub it with some detergent. After rinsing it with the hose, I let it dry in the sun. A little light sanding, more scraping and another rinse and we were good to go. It sounds like this took a long time but it was a really bright sunny day so it went pretty quick. Then it was ready for a couple of coats of flat black spray paint.
We decided to add some wood planks to the top and bottom. We happened to have some rough saw pine left from when we built the lean-to & Hot Cocoa Bar. We measured out what we needed and cut it to length and width. The pine was not thick enough to meet the top of the edge of the metal so we placed a piece of 3/4″ plywood on the bottom.
I didn’t want the wood rough for this project so we sanded it down quite a bit. I wanted it smooth so that we could stain it but a little rough to add some character.
We tried a bunch of stains and some wax to find the right color and we ended up using a Danish Oil stain in a dark walnut. So that’s it. Just a really good cleaning, a new coat of paint and leftover wood planks and voila, a new end table for about $24 including the paint. It took about 4 hours to do. I love that it’s a project we did together from start to finish and that he found it and had the vision 🙂
For more information about this project and to check out more cool stuff, visit my blog, Life on kaydeross Creek at http://mylifeonkayderosscreek.com or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lifeonkayderosscreek/.

Colleen@lifeonkayderosscreek

• Sandra Crosbie

Great job. It looks really good.

• Leah M

it looked so much bigger, thanks for putting your hands in there to let us know what size it really was! When I first saw it, I was thinking... end table?