The Rustic Boxwood
The Rustic Boxwood
  • Atlanta, GA

DIY Thrifted Headboard Using Chalk Paint

Hello friends! Thanks so much for stopping by! Today, I'd like to share with you my thrift-store score of the year and how I changed it from a dingy, old piece of furniture to something beautiful!
diy thrifted headboard using chalk paint, chalk paint, diy, painting, repurposing upcycling
I found this antique headboard at one of my fave thrift stores for (drum roll, please!) $30!!! You read that right! It was old and boring, but I looked past that and saw that it had great bones and great potential!
Here's the before pic...
Chalk paint is so easy to use! There's no stripping, sanding or priming required, and because it doesn't have smelly fumes, you can use it inside your home! Woohoo!
What I used for this project:
Rub N Buff
pouncer
foam sponge brush
blue painter's tape
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
Usually, when using chalk paint, applying a clear wax coat on top is so important. But since it's just pillows that are leaning up against our headboard, I skipped that step....And it's held up great!
What do you think of this headboard of mine? I'm so pleased with it, and I love the freshness that it adds to our bedroom!
And are you interested to know more about the diy lamps...or the "tweaked" Ikea bedside tables? Click on the link at the bottom of this post. You'll be able to find out how to make yard sale lamps look like a million bucks -- and how to tweak those tables ever so slightly! You'll also find more details on this headboard makeover, such as what paint colors I used. ;)
Thanks again for stopping by! I always enjoy hearing from you! Comment below and let me know what you think, or head to the blog and find me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. ;)

The Rustic Boxwood