Fusion White Wash and Wax Old Clock Medicine Cabinet!

A friend gave me a replica clock that no longer worked. I need a medicine cabinet for the new bathroom we are building.

She gets rid of a piece that she says is taking up her much values space and I get a project!

The clock.... and look the 4 is IIII, Lol. ( anyone who has read my other posts know about the IV vs IIII debate!)
Clock works have been dismounted and are sitting in the bottom - I am keeping those for another project!
Razor blades!

Whatever they painted the inside of the glass with, it scrapes off really easy with a razor blade!
Sweep up  all the black stuff and the vacuum and wipe the surface down. Then I taped off the glass inside and out!
All I had was a sampler size of Fusion "Little Lamb" (grey) paint - Lets see how far it goes!
I love this paint, it covers everything in ONE coat!
painting ..painting.. (yes I know I am using a small brush)
I propped open the door so it would not stick shut. After an hour, I  painted the inside too!
Then using Fusion "Champlain" paint ( white) I made a white wash using 1 part paint and 6 parts water and painted it over the whole project, wiping it off as I finished each side so that it only stayed in the groves and details.
The I let it dry about 8 hours since I went to bed!
The next morning, after tea, I rubbed the whole piece down with Fusion Bees Wax Finish.
I love how the detail came out!
Done, except I am still waiting for my custom cut glass shelves and an debating whether or not I frost the glass.- that will be another project!
And that tiny little sampler pot of Fusion paint.. It is not quite empty!! AMAZING!!!!

I bought a big one of Little Lamb right afterwards. This paint amazes me!

• Old non working clock
  • 1" paint brush or wide artist brush
  • Fusion "Little Lamb" paint

15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings