Fusion White Wash and Wax Old Clock Medicine Cabinet!

A friend gave me a replica clock that no longer worked. I need a medicine cabinet for the new bathroom we are building.

She gets rid of a piece that she says is taking up her much values space and I get a project!

The clock.... and look the 4 is IIII, Lol. ( anyone who has read my other posts know about the IV vs IIII debate!)
Clock works have been dismounted and are sitting in the bottom - I am keeping those for another project!
Razor blades!

Whatever they painted the inside of the glass with, it scrapes off really easy with a razor blade!
Sweep up  all the black stuff and the vacuum and wipe the surface down. Then I taped off the glass inside and out!
All I had was a sampler size of Fusion "Little Lamb" (grey) paint - Lets see how far it goes!
I love this paint, it covers everything in ONE coat!
painting ..painting.. (yes I know I am using a small brush)
I propped open the door so it would not stick shut. After an hour, I  painted the inside too!
Then using Fusion "Champlain" paint ( white) I made a white wash using 1 part paint and 6 parts water and painted it over the whole project, wiping it off as I finished each side so that it only stayed in the groves and details.
The I let it dry about 8 hours since I went to bed!
The next morning, after tea, I rubbed the whole piece down with Fusion Bees Wax Finish.
I love how the detail came out!
Done, except I am still waiting for my custom cut glass shelves and an debating whether or not I frost the glass.- that will be another project!
And that tiny little sampler pot of Fusion paint.. It is not quite empty!! AMAZING!!!!

I bought a big one of Little Lamb right afterwards. This paint amazes me!

• Old non working clock
  • 1" paint brush or wide artist brush
  • Fusion "Little Lamb" paint