The DIY Ultimate Fairy Garden Vacation With Grandchildren

1 Material
$25

Hello!
My grand daughter Legacy and I spent an afternoon created a fairy garden that we call the ultimate vacation spot. There is a fishing shack, a cabin and a beach with a mermaid castle. What more will a fairy need to have a good vacation. :) ;)
The fishing shack, and castle light up in the evening. She planted a real plant as well.
Check out the step by step I will picture here. The video link will have
the diy ultimate fairy garden vacation with grandchildren
Step One: Find a huge, plastic pot. I spray painted it gold metallic on the outside. We filled it up with mulch. I used a plastic dip container with real dirt to hold the small plant. Find some cardboard, and place it on the top of the mulch.
Cardboard...
Plastic pot for real plant and soil....
Place reindeer moss from the DollarTree as the grassy area.
Now we used black stones from Dollar Tree for the next area....
We continued with sorting out the other areas and how big we wanted the beach area to be. The plant is then placed, and cardboard is around it so the sand does not fall into the plant.
I hot glued the boarder blue glass gems and added small blue mirrors for reflection purpose. Once the remaining glass blue gems are placed, the area sparkles like water.
Adding the accessories.
We found various items from Hobby Lobby, Etsy, Michaels and Dollar Tree.
Always involve the children and grand children. Legacy and I had a good time.
Evening view. See our video on YouTube.
Thanks to Hometalk and all our fans.
Miss Jones & Legacy
Bay City, MI
Legacys Little Luxuries/Facebook/Pinterest

• Various

To see more: https://youtu.be/GKGHGQajgzI

• Donna

Do you glue your pieces down or not? I would like to make fairy gardens to sell but am afraid the pieces would shift too much in transport. I understand yours won't be moving but I wondered if you glued them down anyway. Great project.

• I took all the parts I needed to make a Fairy Garden to Scotland to put on my Mother's grave. It is still there. Yes you have to anchor things down well. I put liquid clue on the sand pathway and of course clued all the other moving parts. Spray it with some type of silicone or sealant and you can preserve it for a while. An other option is to make it in a kind of terrarium so that there is a cover over it.....OR make it on the ground and then have a glass bubble over the top of it. I'm sure you can find something glass or plastic. Then there's always a fish tank!!

• Patty

Where did you find the blue mirrors?

• Marilyn

Love it! great idea and is something your gdaughter will treasured all her live