DIY Birdseed Cakes

We have an abundance of birds in the yard and with the weather being so cold lately, I've been busy making sure the little birdies are well fed!
This year I decided to make my own birdseed cakes for my feathered friends instead of the store bought kind which may include ingredients that I don't care to feed the little guys.
I used a thrifted jello mold to form the birdseed cake. Our thrift stores are full of these forms.
These make great teacher, hostess and holiday gifts!
FULL DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING YOUR OWN BIRDSEED CAKES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE BLOG.
My birdseed cake
I used a thrifted jello mold to form the birdseed cake

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
House Of Hawthornes

• Donna Beck
    Donna Beck

Is mixing flour and syrup healthy for birds. I thought fat was more important to create insulation for winter. Just curious?

• Barbara
    Barbara

The Blue Jays love the peanuts in the shell I put out twice each morning. The Red Headed Woodpeckers grab one, occasionally. One year I set my live Christmas tree on the deck and kept bagels with peanut butter dipped in bird seed on it. The birds and squirrels had a great winter that year!