How to Clean Wax From Candle Jars

Here's an easy way to recycle old waxy candle jars. They can then be used for storage and organization around your home. They look so pretty displayed on a shelf, and are perfect to hold your random art supplies.
I used to throw my old jar candles away until I realized you can recycle and reuse them. There is a method of removing the wax from these old jars by putting them in the freezer for a while, freezing the wax, and it will break apart and come out of the jar. This method is a bit quicker and will make your house smell wonderful!
Begin by melting the wax in a saucepan of boiling water. I suggest setting the jar in the water before it's boiling, and allow the wax to warm while the water is warming. In fact, you may not even need to heat it to boiling before the wax begins to melt. Just watch your particular candle and see when it's ready.
Next, pour out the remaining wax into an aluminum foil bowl to discard it.
Then, run the jar under warm (not hot) water to loosen any remaining wax, then buff with a cloth to remove the remainder of the wax. Repeat this process if necessary. Be sure not to let the wax go down your sink.
Voila! Perfectly clear glass jars for your home organizing needs. *Not Food Safe*

Molly - Just a Little Creativity

• Nancy Towne

I JUST tossed out that exact candle. Wonder if I want to dig through trash to find it? Hmmmm. Lol

• Charlotte Lovell

I use the left over wax from the candle in my wax melter instead of buying the little cubes or tarts. Then cleaned out the jars and used for vases and they make great faux jack o’ lanterns.