Craft Supply Storage "Wallflower" From PVC Pipes

$50

Have a lot of craft paint bottles you need to store? Or maybe just a lot of other smaller things like markers? You can use PVC pipe to create cute storage for your wall! I call this my "wallflower."

See the full tutorial and more photos at https://jennifermaker.com/craft-paint-storage-organizer/
Start by measuring and marking your PVC to the correct depth for the items you want to store in your wallflower. I planned to store craft paint bottles, so I marked my PVC at 3 1/2". Note that I used 6 in. diameter Charlotte Pipe PVC Basin Extensions for my PVC, and they come in this turquoise blue color.
Cut your PVC pipes to size. You'll need to cut about nine pieces, all the same depth. We used a table saw, but you could also use a handsaw or a Dremel with a cut wheel.
Take a 12" steel starting collar (duct ring) and hammer down the protruding edges so it's mostly flat around the perimeter.
Lay your cut PVC pieces and duct ring out on a flat service in the arrangement you want. You want all of your pipes to be able to touch both themselves and the duct ring.
If your duct ring is too big, as ours was, unlatch the side, move it in to make it narrower, and re-insert the tab. We secured the ring into its new size with pop rivets, too. Now put everything back into position to make sure it fits. If it does, remove the ring and spray paint it (if you want). We painted ours yellow with this paint.
Keeping the pipes in position, mark them with a pencil in the exact spots you want to attach them. Then drill in those spots.
Using PVC cement, glue the pipes together -- be sure to match up the drill holes.
Insert blind rivets through the glued PVC pipe pieces.
Use the rivet tool to attach the blind rivets and secure all of your pipes together.
Drill holes through the duct ring and into the PVC pipe pieces. We ended up drilling holes for the top three PVC pieces, plus the bottom three PVC pieces, but not all.
Put machine screws into the duct ring (from the inside) and add spacers.
Put the screws into the PVC pipe and cap with washers and nuts. Do this for each of the holes you drilled.
Clean off any ink markings on the PVC pipe with acetone.
Hang your wallflower on your wall with two 50 lb. picture hangers. To learn how and where we installed the D-rings on the wallflower so we could hang it on our wall, check the tutorial (we ran out of space to show you here).
Put your paint bottles in your wallflower, lying them on their side so you can see the color of the paint on the bottom of the bottle!

Jennifer Maker

• Anne

Very cute paint storage solution!

• Maude LaFountain

I love this and really need to make me 1 or 2 or 3 .....lol.....so cute looks like a sunflower almost ....put all your brown paints in the middle ...and it would really look like a sunflower !!! .....I love it