Fall Decor With Paint Pouring

$15

Any search of the terms "paint pouring," "acrylic pouring," or "marbling," will bring up lots of projects and techniques. Paint pouring is a lot of fun and produces amazing and sometimes unexpected results. It's a great project for beginner and advanced DIYers.

In this video and post, I'm making a trio of "pumpkins" for a little fall decor.

Want to see our latest projects? Sign-up for our weekly newsletter  here!

fall decor with paint pouring

These are the paints and marbling medium (also known as pouring medium). I used three sizes of wood rounds which I painted with Rust-Oleum's metallic rust spray paint. Tip: When pouring on wood, it's a good idea to paint the piece prior to pouring. I've found the paint moves more smoothly over the piece if it is painted first.

You'll need small cups for each individual color and something to stir with. It's a good idea to use a puppy pad to keep your work surface clean and use an old cooling rack to elevated you poured piece.

fall decor with paint pouring

The craft paint is mixed in a one to one ratio with the pouring medium. That is, if you use a tablespoon of paint, you'll need to mix in a tablespoon of medium. That gold paint in the foreground was not mixed as it was thin enough without added medium.

fall decor with paint pouring

Once everything is mixed, it's time to pour! This is the fun part. You'll notice there is more of the orange than the other colors. This was deliberate as I wanted orange to be the main color.

fall decor with paint pouring

Once the paints are poured, you tilt and turn the piece until the colors run over the edge. I didn't use enough paint initially so I had to go back and add more color to the edges. Once everything was dry, I painted the sides with the brown craft paint.

fall decor with paint pouring

To encourage cell formation, I gave the piece a little spritz of silicone spray. Just a a little and not over the entire piece. I think the randomness of the cells in just a few places looks better than having them over the entire surface.

fall decor with paint pouring

I cut a small block, distressed it and hot glued it to the top of the 'pumpkins' as a stem.

fall decor with paint pouring

The pieces were finished with jute and floral wire tendrils.

fall decor with paint pouring

These little paint poured 'pumpkins' are great fall into Thanksgiving decor.

Mother Daughter Projects

• Taf

Beautiful .....

• Donna Bailey

Hi, you guys are great. I’d like to do the rounds, or squares in the swirly paint for my patio. You could make a bunch of them and switch them whenever it suits you. Just remove the wrought iron legs and put them on others. 4th of July? Maybe a certain persons b/d, they could take it home.

nanna