Upcycled Tin Can Picture Frame

$0

This project is back by popular demand, well, sort of. A few years ago I covered a table with some tin can lids. I really liked how the finish turned out and I received many lovely comments. Anyway, ever since then I have wanted to make a smaller simpler project using the same rusted tin can finish.

upcycled tin can picture frame

The project begins with some scraps of corrugated cardboard cut into a frame shape.

upcycled tin can picture frame

Once the cardboard was cut I covered it with some black fabric pieces from my fabric stash and a hot glue.

upcycled tin can picture frame

Then the fun part starts. It's time to get out the tin cans and the tin snips.

upcycled tin can picture frame

The rusted can lids are cut into squares and then glued and thumb tacked on to the cardboard frame.

upcycled tin can picture frame

You can find all the details in my video tutorial.

upcycled tin can picture frame

I really love this finish and the fact that this project is made mostly from trash. :-)

Thanks for taking a look at my project. I hope you enjoy recycling and upcycling as much as I do. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews you can subscribe to my  Youtube channel or the Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling!

Cindy

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab