DIY Shorts Hanger

$.98

Unfortunately summer days are winding down, but don't be too sad yet. I have an interesting DIY idea that I found while browsing Pinterest...including shower curtain rings. First it might seem strange but once you see what we do with the rings, you will want to join in on the organizing fun!
You know that little bar under the main clothing bar in most closets? I never found a use for it until now. To start with, go to Wal-Mart and purchase a 12 pack of cheap shower curtain rings, like below (only 98 cents). Next, open one up slide the loops of your shorts around the ring, hang up, AND THAT'S IT.
Simple enough, huh?
Check out my pictures below to get a better idea!
Grab this pack of rings from Wal-Mart for only 98 cents.
Which bar you ask? The smaller one under the main bar.
Tip: Fold the shorts with the zipper in the back, grab the two side loops, and place around the shower curtain ring.
Do you think you will try this idea in your closet? Have you seen it previously on Pinterest? Comment responses below!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Apartment Sense

• Nicole Dear-Hopkins

Will this work on jeans also?

• Joyce Waite

Yes anything with belt loops.

• Jewellmartin

Jeans are heavier than shorts, so you might need to use metal shower curtain rings instead of plastic. Jeans are longer, so you would need a longer space , but it might work. Best wishes 😇
    • Chris Ritter

Awesome idea!! How easy to swap out summer to fall wardrobe!! Esp if you're like me & have to switch from room to room!!
    • Debbie Wright

I would probably use maybe 3 pair on each hanger

• Anita Meier

I’d love to try this. I don’t understand about putting a pole in also. Where are putting the pole at. Directions or pics,actually both would be nice. Thank you

• Wendy D'Agostino

2lb. Wide shower curtain rings polished chrome, easy glide rollers. 100% rustproof stainless steel, set of 12 $13.95

That is the cheapest price I found for this type. They have done others that look pretty heavy duty for around $6.

They also had curtain rings with clips hanging from them that hold up to 3lbs. each. Only thing is they don't open so you'd have to slide them on a rod first or use a heavy duty shower ring to attach them. It would increase the space need to hang pants but not by alot. They are a lot cheaper; $9.99 for a 42 pack. This brand was called Topspeeder. If I mounted a pole under my regular closet pole I could slide a whole pile of them on and hang pants and shorts (in summer) on them and that would give me a lot more hangar space for my other clothes. Im going to see what I can find for a pole and try it. Especially since it went down to 37 degrees last night (2 days ago it was 80) and is time to swap the summer and winter clothes out. I was looking for a picture of the curtain clips and found a website by a woman that was 10 things you can do with curtain clips and she had the exact idea of adding the extra pole only she also added boots, purses and other accessories. Now I'm definitely doing this. We're have very little closet space in our house. She even used them for hanging rolls of wrapping paper. When I'm done I'll let everyone know how it came out.

• Syl

Yes!!! Great idea... Will b implementing ASAP ....