DIY Thrift Store Locker Makeover

$15

I hit the jackpot recently when I found this locker at my local thrift store. It was ugly, but sturdy and I knew with a little elbow grease, it could be transformed into something I needed... more storage for my laundry room. Finding this locker and giving it a makeover was just what I needed to finally get my laundry room cleaned and organized.

The locker didn't have any dents and the door opened and closed easily. There was some sticky residue on the top where someone had once placed tape.

I rubbed some paint thinner on the residue with a clean rag and then gently scraped off.

I cleaned and dried the entire locker and used Rust-Oleum Fluorescent Pink spray paint for the inside.

This is what my locker looks like after one coat. I added one more coat and then moved on to the outside.

I used Ocean Mist for the outside and added two coats of this as well.

My laundry room was in horrible shape. That shelf was packed full of stuff that I didn't need. Am I the only person who buys something and then hangs on to it for 6-7 years?

I loved the paint color in this room, but that's the only good thing about it. I pulled everything out of this room and only kept what I really needed.

When the room was emptied and cleaned, I moved in the locker. It was a perfect fit between the dryer and wall.

I filled the locker with our laundry room essentials.

I changed out the art and added my Anthropologie inspired mirror.

This locker really changed this space and has me loving my "new" laundry room.

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

1 comment