Tile Quick Fix

$3

A few of my tiles broke and I wanted to come up with an easy and affordable fix. I came up with this idea and I thought it worked out pretty well, check it out!

I used just a couple of items:

• paint
  • mod podge
  • brush

The cracks were just a hairline, but it was really bugging me. It was not the right time to change the tiles, so here goes my solution!

Using a paint that is close enough to the tile color as possible, mixed into a small amount of mod podge, I dripped some onto the crack. I poured the mixture along the crack, and let it seep in.

You can then use your finger or brush, and lightly brush over the paint. Then let it sit for a bit. When it was almost dry, I wiped it off with a damp cloth to get rid of the excess paint.

TIP: if the paint already dried fully, you can use a razor to scrape up the extra paint.

It filled the crack in nicely! I think I could have gone a shade lighter, but because of the stone look, it blends in pretty well.

Over all this experiment was successful, and from far you can't really tell.

I have mopped a few times since this project, and it seems to be holding up pretty well! I hope you use this idea if you need and find it helpful.

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers

• Janice
    Janice

A great remedy! The problem is barely noticeable now. Good work and thanks for taking the time to share with us.

• Phyllis
    Phyllis

I had tile just like it. When I went to sell the house, the realtors said the tile didn’t look good.

They were amazed when they came back —I’d scrubbed the floor with straight ammonia. Tis a nasty job, but it makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE. Must open the windows and have the fan going.

• Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures
      Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

I rented a house several years ago and I had to pull out the stove to get to an outlet, I noticed that the floor underneath was a different color. So out came the ammonia (straight) and a stiff brush. It looked brand new. When my husband came home from work that night he thought I had changed the tile! You're right though, you'll definitely need yo open some windows!