Tile Quick Fix

$3

A few of my tiles broke and I wanted to come up with an easy and affordable fix. I came up with this idea and I thought it worked out pretty well, check it out!

I used just a couple of items:

• paint
  • mod podge
  • brush

The cracks were just a hairline, but it was really bugging me. It was not the right time to change the tiles, so here goes my solution!

Using a paint that is close enough to the tile color as possible, mixed into a small amount of mod podge, I dripped some onto the crack. I poured the mixture along the crack, and let it seep in.

You can then use your finger or brush, and lightly brush over the paint. Then let it sit for a bit. When it was almost dry, I wiped it off with a damp cloth to get rid of the excess paint.

TIP: if the paint already dried fully, you can use a razor to scrape up the extra paint.

It filled the crack in nicely! I think I could have gone a shade lighter, but because of the stone look, it blends in pretty well.

Over all this experiment was successful, and from far you can't really tell.

I have mopped a few times since this project, and it seems to be holding up pretty well! I hope you use this idea if you need and find it helpful.