How to Improvise a Spray Mop

$5

In my opinion, the spray mop is one of the best cleaning inventions ever. This simple-to-operate tool eliminates the need to haul a bucket of water around, wringing out a mop as you go. Depending on what you're looking for, spray mops can get pricy, but I've discovered that you can improvise one for less than five bucks.

What You'll Need:

• a screw-on broom handle
  • a flat mop head
  • roll of velcro
  • a micro-fibre mop pad
  • a spray bottle
  • strong glue

Attach Velcro Strips

Cut two lengths of velcro from the roll to apply to the bottom of the flat mop head. This velcro was peel and stick, but to ensure it stays put, apply strong glue such as E6000 to the back of each strip and let it dry thoroughly.

Attach Cleaning Pad

After the glue has had time to dry, you can attach the microfiber mop pad and you're ready to clean.

Spray and Mop

Fill a small plastic spray bottle with your favourite floor cleaner (I favour vinegar and water) and spray a small section of the floor at a time. I like the microfiber cleaning pads because they're washable and can be reused many times before you have to buy a new one.

I found that my improvised spray mop was very effective at cleaning the floor and I already had what I needed on hand!

To see more: https://www.dollarstorestyle.com

• TK

Yes, however I suffer from arthritis and hard to squeeze spray bottle. Any other options to suggest? Also, why vinegar? Isn't odor bit much? I think i'll use pinesol.

TK

• Lori

The vinegar smell goes away as it dries. It also helps to remove other odors such as pet and food smells.

• Susan Swasey

what is the best and easy way to clean wooden blinds. I am handicapped an trying to sell my house. please I need your help. they are still in good shape and were expensive along with great Bamboo shades, Thank you for all the items you can give me....Be safe