No mudroom? I created one in my garage!

I wish we had a mudroom right off our garage but we don't so I decided to get creative and make my own!
The area by the door leading into the house was the perfect spot for my new mudroom! The first thing I did was de-clutter and clean. Then I put a new coat of paint on the wall and added storage for shoes, bags, coats, etc.
Here are the details on everything I did:
http://www.thriftydecormom.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-created-mudroom-in-my-garage.html
My new mudroom!
A faux plant and "welcome" vinyl on the door make this seem like a real mudroom!
There are plenty of hooks for jackets & coats and my reusable shopping bags. Shoes are stored on the wire organizer and on a boot tray.

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Lori S

• P.h1569399
    P.h1569399

Do you live in a warm climate? We have cold winters and snow! This would not work, leaving shoes, boots, etc. out in the garage because of cold and wet feet and bodies! Love the idea tho' and wish it would work, as we have no mud room either. Great job, love it!

• Pamela Wright Whitacre
    Pamela Wright Whitacre

How can I get invited to your blog? I would love to get the details on how you did this. I would love to create a mud room in my garage.