Lori S
Lori S
  • Lewis Center, OH

No mudroom? I created one in my garage!

I wish we had a mudroom right off our garage but we don't so I decided to get creative and make my own!
The area by the door leading into the house was the perfect spot for my new mudroom! The first thing I did was de-clutter and clean. Then I put a new coat of paint on the wall and added storage for shoes, bags, coats, etc.
Here are the details on everything I did:
http://www.thriftydecormom.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-created-mudroom-in-my-garage.html
My new mudroom!
My new mudroom!
A faux plant and "welcome" vinyl on the door make this seem like a real mudroom!
There are plenty of hooks for jackets & coats and my reusable shopping bags. Shoes are stored on the wire organizer and on a boot tray.
Lori S

• P.h1569399

Do you live in a warm climate? We have cold winters and snow! This would not work, leaving shoes, boots, etc. out in the garage because of cold and wet feet and bodies! Love the idea tho' and wish it would work, as we have no mud room either. Great job, love it!