Snowball Mason Jar Candleholders

I was digging thru my craft supplies, looking for something to create some cute Christmas jars. I was determined to use what I already had on hand. Various yarns and twines and bits of holiday greenery. Upon touching the yarn, it occurred to me that it was soft. And fluffy. Like snow. That's when the idea hit. Snowball Jars!
how to make snowball mason jar candleholders, christmas decorations, crafts, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor
A smaller snowball jar... it glows like its covered in real snow.
So pretty when grouped together. I am using LED tealights but they are safe enough to use regular tealights also.
This is what I started out with. Plain jam and jelly jars I picked up at a yard sale.
To make them, I simply added a small bead of glue around the bottom of the jar, then attached the fuzzy yarn. Then, it was just a matter of wrapping the entire jar until it was completely covered. A dab of glue at the end of the yarn held it in place at the top. Then, I simply glued on the embellishments...faux greenery and berries and a twine bow. So easy!
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Mary Coakley

Love your jars they look so gorgeous must keep them in mind for Christmas.

• Denise Fox

What a pleasant idea. I have a great place for these in my home. Can't wait to get this simple project started.