DIY Faux Midnight Painted Ceiling

Faux painting a ceiling isn't hard. This ceiling was completed by creating layers using a simple ragging technique.
diy faux midnight painted ceiling, painting, wall decor
The red is coming from the reflection of the sun. No reds or oranges were used in the painting... only blues and blacks.
Details of the kinds and colors of paint and glaze... and how each are diluted can be found Latex paint (black) and latex glaze (navy blue) can be manipulated so that they create different looks and textures on the ceiling.
A black border was painted to give the ragging technique a place to end with a crisp edge. It is always a pleasure to share these ideas and more at http://thechelseaprojectblog.wordpress.com ...or via direct link at the URL below.
Susie @ The Chelsea Project Blog

• Tobi Wyszomirski

Yes, I would like to do this ceiling, but I need more info on how to do it. I don't know what ragging is. Can you please give me greater detail on how to accomplish this? Step by step, if you can. This is for a new house that I am building and will go in the bedroom. Thanks, Tobi@rclcom.com

• Jcourtney

I have been wanting to do a daytime sky in my bedroom, I was wondering did you mix the latex paint with glaze or use a tinted glaze? How many mixtures of paint and glaze did you use?

• Bbunny42

This is wonderful! Wish I had it in my bedroom.