How To Make Homemade Laundry Soap (Only 4 Ingredients) - Watch Video
Learn how easy it is to make your own homemade laundry detergent. This recipe is simple to make and lasts our family 6 months.
There is something really satisfying about making your own products. Not only does it save you money but it’s nice to know laundry detergent isn’t some mysterious blend of ingredients only the people at Tide know how to do.
Visit daniellekaren.com for full tutorial & printable recipe.
Why Make Your Own Laundry Detergent?
- Easy to make. This recipe uses only 4 ingredients.
- It’s affordable, costing only pennies per load.
- Makes a large batch, lasting up to six months.
- Homemade means you know exactly what’s in it, no added chemicals.
- And most importantly, it works!
What You Need
- Large Container
- 8 cups Borax
- 8 cups Baking Soda
- 8-12 cups Super Washing Soda
- 3 bars of Ivory Soap (grated) or approx. 3 cups of Soap Flakes
How To Make
- In a large container, mix together super washing soda, borax and baking soda. This can create a lot of dust so it’s best to mix in a well ventilated area.
- Using a designated grater, grate Ivory bars and add to container. Alternatively you can buy soap flakes that are already shredded for you.
- Mix well.
- Use 2 Tbsp per wash cycle.
Visit daniellekaren.com for more DIY projects and slow & simple living tips.
- Large Container & Scooper
- Super Washing Soda
- Baking Soda
- Ivory Soap Bars (or soap flakes)
Sissy on Apr 25, 2022
The problem with sugar is you will attract the ants and if they are in your house they can really be a problem .I put borax in warm dissolved water and put it in a pump sprayer I have used that for 30 + years and none of my dogs have ever gotten ticks or fleas on them . I won't ever put those flea collars or that stuff you give your dogs in my dogs bodies . The warnings on the labels are scary enough . My one chihuahua lived to be 19 years old and never had a tick or flea .All my dogs have been rescues from puppy mills or shelter . One was in a cage so small he could not even walk but I got him walking again and he thankfully lived to be 12 years old