VINTAGE WAGON Repurposed All Over Again

$15.00

I am a Estate Sale Shopper - and proud of it This little vintage wagon is still one of my favorite estate sale finds. We had just moved into our home and I needed something interesting to decorate with. I knew I could easily do something with this cute wagon.
vintage wagon repurposed all over again, My vintage wagon I found at an estate sale
My vintage wagon I found at an estate sale
No question. This wagon just had to be repurposed into a flower planter. I drilled several holes on the bottom of the wagon and then added a light layer of small stone for drainage.
vintage wagon repurposed all over again, The footprint just waiting to be decorated
The footprint just waiting to be decorated
With our new landscape footprint, it was time to get planting and decorating out front. Call me crazy but... I must admit, there's something I like about the simple stone/mulch combo with nothing in it too!
vintage wagon repurposed all over again, Geraniums Impatience Vintage Wagon
Geraniums & Impatience Vintage Wagon
Done! Great pop of color in front of our front porch. It makes for fun conversation too! Patriotic with a blue ribbon attached for Fourth of July!
vintage wagon repurposed all over again, Only Geraniums the following year
Only Geraniums the following year
The following year I decided to not use the impatience. I kind of missed the white however.
vintage wagon repurposed all over again, Full bloom with Geraniums Impatience
Full bloom with Geraniums & Impatience
In full bloom from the first planting! Since this photo, I have used several other flower combinations but, I think this is my favorite.
vintage wagon repurposed all over again, My wagon decorated for Christmas
My wagon decorated for Christmas!
It's fun to use my wagon to decorate for fall and winter holidays too. There are so many different things you can do with something like this. Enjoy your day ~Lela (TrashFindRedesigned on ETSY) My BLOG at www.trashfindredesigned.com

• Flowers  (My local greenhouse)
Trash Find Redesigned

3 questions on this project
  • Merilyn Parsons
    Jul 03, 2018

I do not have a wagon yet.. for now, I have a child's wheel barrow .. it's shallow like this wagon is.. so am wondering how u got geraniums planted in this shallow container.. did you spread out your roots? A suggestion for you if you want it for the 4th of July.. you can plant both red and white geraniums and a dark blue lobila that trails over the edge and place a small flag... thank you for sharing..you are inspiring!!

• Bob
    Mar 20, 2017

Does anyone still make these trolleys ?

• Bob
      May 01, 2017

thanks Yvette But I live way outside the USA and the costs from local stores to where I am is a bit too high even in bulk quantities that I`m thinking of.

• Nancy
    Mar 20, 2017

I have a wagon, too. I place pots in it rather than soil and plants directly in the wagon bed. When it rains, I run out and empty the wagon of water or if I know it's going to rain, I remove the pots and turn the wagon over. By summer's end, I've had enough emptying water. Finally to my question - what would you suggest using for a liner?

• Glo10206755
    Apr 04, 2017

I am fortunate enough to have both a "work" wagon to use around the yard and also a genuine Radio Flyer one. The RF one has been used for flowers, but the bottom is now so rusty and full of holes, it would probably fall through if I put potting soil in it. Does anyone have any idea what I can line it with to hold potting soil or at least something I can put faux succulents in? Thanks.

• Ana Bacallao
    Sep 13, 2017

I love this. We still have my daughter's in our shed so time to repurpose it.