VINTAGE WAGON Repurposed All Over Again

1 Material
$15.00

I am a Estate Sale Shopper - and proud of it This little vintage wagon is still one of my favorite estate sale finds. We had just moved into our home and I needed something interesting to decorate with. I knew I could easily do something with this cute wagon.
My vintage wagon I found at an estate sale
No question. This wagon just had to be repurposed into a flower planter. I drilled several holes on the bottom of the wagon and then added a light layer of small stone for drainage.
The footprint just waiting to be decorated
With our new landscape footprint, it was time to get planting and decorating out front. Call me crazy but... I must admit, there's something I like about the simple stone/mulch combo with nothing in it too!
Geraniums & Impatience Vintage Wagon
Geraniums & Impatience Vintage Wagon
Done! Great pop of color in front of our front porch. It makes for fun conversation too! Patriotic with a blue ribbon attached for Fourth of July!
Only Geraniums the following year
Only Geraniums the following year
The following year I decided to not use the impatience. I kind of missed the white however.
Full bloom with Geraniums & Impatience
Full bloom with Geraniums & Impatience
In full bloom from the first planting! Since this photo, I have used several other flower combinations but, I think this is my favorite.
My wagon decorated for Christmas!
My wagon decorated for Christmas!
It's fun to use my wagon to decorate for fall and winter holidays too. There are so many different things you can do with something like this. Enjoy your day ~Lela (TrashFindRedesigned on ETSY) My BLOG at www.trashfindredesigned.com

• Flowers  (My local greenhouse)
Trash Find Redesigned

• Nancy

I have a wagon, too. I place pots in it rather than soil and plants directly in the wagon bed. When it rains, I run out and empty the wagon of water or if I know it's going to rain, I remove the pots and turn the wagon over. By summer's end, I've had enough emptying water. Finally to my question - what would you suggest using for a liner?

• Nancy

Thanks, Robby. Your idea is great. I will purchase a boot tray.

• Bob

Does anyone still make these trolleys ?

• Bob

thanks Yvette But I live way outside the USA and the costs from local stores to where I am is a bit too high even in bulk quantities that I`m thinking of.

• Merilyn Parsons

I do not have a wagon yet.. for now, I have a child's wheel barrow .. it's shallow like this wagon is.. so am wondering how u got geraniums planted in this shallow container.. did you spread out your roots? A suggestion for you if you want it for the 4th of July.. you can plant both red and white geraniums and a dark blue lobila that trails over the edge and place a small flag... thank you for sharing..you are inspiring!!

• Ana Bacallao

I love this. We still have my daughter's in our shed so time to repurpose it.

• Suz Roberts

love it! I had a red wagon growing up and played with it often. I will keep my eye out for a vintage wagon. It will complement my park bench and the red brick in the front of our home.