Lauren Z
Lauren Z
  • Itasca, IL

Multi-Season Branch Centerpiece

$5

Living in a small house means I don't have a lot of room to store decorations so often, I'll create decorations that can serve multiple seasons and holidays. This centerpiece can be decorated for many different holidays and all you need to do is swap out the 'ornaments'.
multi season branch centerpiece
You'll want to find a branch where the twigs are growing out of one side OR you can just snap off the ones from one side. Either way, you want the branches to be pointing up and away from your base. I just used a scrap of wood that I painted and sanded for my base but anything will work. I spray painted the branch but again, you could leave it natural if that's the look you're going for. Once the base and branch were dry, I simply used small nails to attach the branch to the base.
multi season branch centerpiece
Battery operated lights really make this pop! These fairy or 'seed' lights are best because the wire is very fine and wraps easily around the branches making it almost disappear.
multi season branch centerpiece
For Christmas I just hung a few red ornaments on the branch.
For Valentine's Day I made these little paper hearts. You could of course buy wooden hearts or other decorations to hang on the branches.
multi season branch centerpiece
multi season branch centerpiece
1.  Cut card stock into small squares, fold in half and cut a single heart the size of the ornament you want.  I just did it free-hand but you could print a pattern if you want.  Use your first heart as your pattern for the others so they are all the same size and shape.  

2.  Cut eight hearts.

3.  Put glue on top of first heart.

4.  Add a second heart on top of that.  

multi season branch centerpiece
5.  Continue adding hearts until they are all attached.

6.  Apply glue to the center seam of the hearts and attach the string for hanging.

7.  Apply glue to the top heart half.  

8.  Fold it around to meet the opposite heart half and press together, forming the ornament.
multi season branch centerpiece
I added a single pearl to the bottom of each using hot glue and then they were ready to hang on my branch centerpiece, replacing the Christmas ornaments.
Think of all the possibilities: Shamrocks, Flowers, Eggs, Stars, Pumpkins . . . and all you need to do is swap out the ornaments.
multi season branch centerpiece
To dress up the battery pack, I simply attached some rhinestone 'ribbon' using hot glue. You could use Washi Tape, fabric . . . whatever you want!
multi season branch centerpiece
So many possibilities with this and no matter the holiday or season, all you have to do is swap out the ornaments!

Lauren Z