Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Tutorial Team
  • Elizabeth City, NC

Turn Old Motor Parts Into a Candle Holder or a Vase!

$10

I have 4 buckets of motor parts and I was looking for something when I thought of this project!

turn old motor parts into a candle holder or a vase
Old bearings, pipes and anything brass, steal or metal! What can I make?
A candle holder!
I took 6 bearing halves and stacked them up... hmmm that looks cool !!
I was so surprised when the glass fit in perfectly!! I used that to hold brushes and combs but haven't used it in years! It's just been sitting there in the " must save, might need it in the future" pile!

This is the one I will feature in the video below! The process is so easy! These parts are solid brass and very heavy! If I was to purchase something like this it would probably cost about $50 or more! I spent $5.62 on the JB Weld and only used a pinch along with the spray paint for $4.97 and only used about a third of the can on both candle holders! So for $10 to $11 I have two new solid brass holders not bad at all!!
I love the way it casts the light from the candle! See the circles behind the candle!
I spray painted it a hammered copper but...
it was just to dark ! I really want it to be shiny!
Repaint!
So much better now! A very shiny gold!!
JB Weld steelstik and brilliant gold!!
My first tutorial video! I should have done a practice video, I didn't even realize I wasn't really in it until I was finished  ! That's okay I'm not the subject the candle holder is and the next video will be better, I promise !
Error loading player:
No playable sources found
This is the large candle holder at night! Really cool cast of shadows and lights!
So that is some old motor parts turned pretty!!  
Thanks for looking and like always any questions or comments are welcomed! Bye for now!!

• Motor parts- bearings  (on hand)
  • Glass jar  (on hand)
  • JB Weld  (Amazon)

• Bycjeanmaq

What are the exact names of the parts you used?

• DesertRose

I love you used metal. So is steelstik only for metal objects? Great product for doing what you did. You have so many good ideas! Glad they featured the video too!

• Jennifer

I have only used the steelstik putty with metal (heavy in weight). I don't know if it would work with other material but I do know they have other types of putty that work for other types of things like plastic and the waterproof. I have those types too and will post a water fountain with both waterproof putty and the putty for plastic!

Thank you so much !

• Wendy

Ohh love this, it must cast such lovely shadows on your walls!