How To Build A Wood Shed From Old Fence

$0

I was able to use fencing from our yard after I removed a dog run (more on that later!) and had a line of fence. I needed somewhere to store the wood that I collected after our two hurricanes last year, so I wanted to build a wood shed, and I was able to do it using 100% recycled materials of our old fence.

See more of our simple building projects here!

This old fence came from a dog run we took down in our yard

I surveyed my stack of fence and started by taking one big piece and using it untouched as the back of the structure. Then, I used two of the fence posts and nailed them onto that piece. The posts would serve as the four posts for the shed too.

Then, I took one piece of fence and used my reciprocating saw to cut the fencing down to three slats and nailed that into fence posts on either side. Next, I removed all the fence posts off of another piece and used one of the 2×4’s that held them together to attach two more fence posts to the front of the structure to secure it all together.

Now I had to build a base for the wood. I opted to cut pieces of fence slats in half and nail them to be even with the fence slats in the back. I wasn’t worried about having a gap between them because none of the wood was going to be so small that it would slip through the cracks.

Then came the top. I nailed the other 2×4 to the top to nail the roof to. I attached it at a slightly lower position than the back side so that the roof could be slanted to help with rain runoff.

Get more details at our blog post!

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Morgan McBride