Keep Mosquitoes Away With This DIY Spray

$8

Yes, I'm dating myself with this one! Paul Harvey had a segment years ago, where he shared this spray recipe.Over the years I think people have forgotten about it. So here it a reminder with photos on how to make it.

Only 3 ingredients are needed:Big bottle of cheap BLUE Mouthwash3 cups of Epsom Salts3 - 12 oz. cans of cheap stale beer

Mix all 3 ingredients together until salt is dissolved.

Start with the bottle of mouthwash

Then add 3 cups Epsom salts

Next add 3 cans stale beer

FYI, start with a large pitcher. I had to switch to a larger one due to lack of space - it's a lot of liquid! 

Stir well until salt is thoroughly dissolved

Pour into a spray bottle.

It makes quite a lot.Spray anywhere you sit or hangout outside, it won't harm plants or flowers.I spray it on my window screens from the inside out (so I don't get my windows dirty ;) I spray the deck and walkways throughout the gardens.

As long as it doesn't rain or get washed off it lasts a good amount of time - not necessary to spray each time you go out.

It does make a huge difference in keeping those biters away.Recently I had the Little's here for a few days and we spent a lot of time outside playing.Happy to report no one received a bite. 

16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

• Rose Marie Heard

I love in Arkansas and I almost believe the mosquito is the state bird. Gonna try this. Will non-alcohol beer work. We don't drink alcohol.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

I used to live in Kodiak Alaska, I hear ya about the State bird!! I don't know if non-alcoholic beer will work or not. Sorry.