Farmhouse Wood & Mason Jar Table Centerpiece

$4

This is a centerpiece with a farmhouse look perfect to display your flowers in. It's beautiful sitting in a window or on a table and would make a lovely wedding gift I think.

There are a lot of ways you can do this but I'll explain how we did this one----

Cut your wood to size and attach it together

Here are the wood pieces and their measurements for the bottom portion of the wood box:

TWO 4-3/4" X 5-1/2" X 3/4" pine wood

TWO 9-1/4" X 1-5/8" X 3/4" pine wood

You'll want to cut, sand smooth then assemble these four pieces as shown in the photo using your choice of glue, brad nailer or old fashion hammer and nails. We glued and then used the brad nailer.

Flip it over and attach the bottom panel

We used the brad nailer to attach the bottom- it makes everything so easy!

There is ONE piece of hardboard panel (such as for cabinet backs or drawer bottoms) and it measures 4-3/4" X 11" X 3/16".

The top piece really looks good and is worth the effort

You'll need a piece of pine measuring 11" X 3-1/2" X 3/4"

for the top piece. I think if I make another I'll make it to fit the bottom piece more exactly but I wanted to be sure the jars were well seen.

Using a forstner drill bit you'll make three evenly spaced openings. They'll be centered over your three mason jars. Our three holes are 1-1/4" and the circles are rounded with a router. We also used the router on the edges of the top piece but totally optional.

One more step for the top piece

Once you have three holes in your top piece you'll use a dowel bit on the underneath side of it to add a small hole on both ends. It doesn't need to go all the way through! Dowel bits come in different sizes so use what you have but ours are 3/8".

Finish the bottom piece of the box

Now going back to your bottom piece you can see we've again used a dowel bit to drill a hole and glued a dowel pin in it. This way when you set the top piece on the bottom piece it holds it tight but is still removable. This way you can remove the glass jars if you fill them with water. I use silk flowers but this way I have options!

Stain or paint your pieces

Once you have all your wood pieces you'll want to paint or stain them.

Choose your pint jars- I love blue!

I had some blue Ball mason jars in my cupboard. They were from the 100th Anniversary but you could use any 16 oz pint canning jars. Or you could even paint some clear ones if you want some color on them.

Side view

Put your jars in the bottom portion, put the top on and put flowers in the jars. Here you see how the wood top holds the flowers in place.

And all done!

We have about $4 worth of materials to make the wood piece and already have the jars and flowers. We made a list of materials and tools we used but there are other ways to make this project. We hope you try this and make yours just the way you want!

15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas

• Nancy Tonella

I want to make something like this, but am wondering how to get out the vases to change water/flowers ?

• Tamra

That's why you put the dowels on the topside of the bottom piece.. There is a corresponding hole on the bottomside of the top. Holds it in place, but can be easily removed to reach the jars.

• Lisa West

Very pretty. Simple and easy but adds a very nice element to any room.

• Sophia Miller
    25 minutes ago

Waoh! This is really amazing. It has come out so well, beautiful and unique.