Easy and Affordable Way to Stencil Tile Floors

$50

Stencil A Cement Floor With A Tile Stencil by Cutting Edge Stencils

has taken over social media outlets such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and your favorite home decor blogger’s pages! Cutting Edge Stencil’s tile stencils have also been featured on HGTV, MTV, and Better Homes and Gardens. Everyone is obsessed with this DIY trend!

Here is some extra information we provide about this stenciled cement tile floor. Before we stenciled the floor, we primed it with STIX primer and added a base coat color of Navajo White (flat latex) by Benjamin Moore on top. We do this before we stencil any floor because it provides adhesion for the stencil paint to stick on.

Apply Spray Adhesive to the back of your stencil to reduce your chances of bleed. Take a  and dip the tip into the paint. We want very little paint on our paint brush so swirl it around on your plate – really working the paint into the bristles. Offload any excess paint you may have onto a paper towel.

Now it is time to start stenciling! We’ll be working from the middle of the tile stencil, outward with Benjamin Moore flat latex paint! We started with Philipsburg Blue. Pounce or swirl your brush lightly in the center openings.

Then take Brown Horse and do the same thing in the next few openings.

The last color we are using is Bennington Gray! Make sure all of your paint is flat latex paint.

Align your stencil with the previously painted area and repeat!

Protect your floors with 2-3 coats of water-based polyurethane once your floor is dry! Ta Da! Absolutely in love with this faux tile floor! A little paint and a stencil can go along way to brighten up those old cement floors. What do you think?

To see more: https://www.cuttingedgestencils.com/blog/easy-and-affordable-way-to-stencil-tile-floors.html

• Charlotte reas

I would like to do this to my floor in my craft room. But I have carpet at the moment. I want remove it and stencil the subflooring it is particle board. What steps should I use with using this type of base.

• Jillian

Hi! I love this idea! Can you do this on existing ceramic tile??

• Sunny

Beautiful!!!

• Cheri Tanner

Do you have to wipe off the back of the stencil before you go on to the next tile. I would think that paint would bleed to the bottom of the stencil. Any problems with this happening? Beautifully done!

• Cutting Edge Stencils

Hi Cheri, if you do it correctly there should be no bleed underneath your stencil!! You'll never need to wipe it off.